13 Jan Youth Opportunity Center Opens D.E.B. Youth Day Reporting Center in Boone County
The Boone County Juvenile Justice System in collaboration with Youth Opportunity Center Inc. have announced the opening of the D.E.B. Youth Day Reporting Center at 223 West Washington Street in Lebanon, Indiana. An open house will take place on Friday, January 15, 2016 from 12 Noon-2 PM.
The Youth Day Reporting Center will provide the Boone Co. Juvenile Court with an alternative to traditional detention programs providing community-based supervision for juveniles pending a court hearing or as part of a court order. This program allows youth to stay at home and attend school while providing a level of supervision after school hours. Those not enrolled in school or suspended will attend and be supervised during a portion of the school day.
Services provided at the Youth Day Reporting Center include:
- Education planning/assistance
- Life skills training (independent living skills, job-readiness skills, vocational training, etc.)
- Recreational activities
- Community activities and events
- Community service projects
- Opportunities for family involvement
- Cognitive behavioral instruction – treatment groups focusing on thinking errors, anger management, self-esteem, healthy relationships, conflict resolution, substance abuse, etc.
- Parenting class/parent support group
- Evaluation of progress using pre- and post- tests
For more information about the D.E.B. Youth Day Reporting Center contact Heather Shumaker, Boone Co. JDAI coordinator at 765-483-3209 or Day Reporting Center Program Coordinator, Matt Turner at 765-891-9371.